Sunday, November 13, 2011

Base Camp Alpha

Here I am, in Cordoba, and I felt like I was at home the moment I landed. There´s a sense of nostalgia I get from the geography from this place, for much like my childhood homeland of Boulder, CO, the city sits at the base of a vast mountain range that stretches across the western horizon, and like Colorado in the springtime, it is green...very very green. Plus, there´s a thunderstorm happening outside at the moment.

I haven´t had a lot of time to explore the city yet since I´m still trying to get my rest after three sleepless nights at two different airports. I did have a chance to hit up the grocery store for some grub, where I acquired a really decent sized slab of beef for $1.40 USD. I love this place.

I apologize if this blog seems pretty sparse at the moment. I´m still trying to figure out my satellite messenger so you folks back home can stalk me as I trek about town and such. Once I´m done rebuilding my bike, I´ll start providing a little bit more details about my motivations for this trip, my equipment, and my route, so make sure to check back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment